I Need Feminism Because...
2. I've been taught self-defense in order to protect myself against rape, but people haven't been taught not to rape.
3. I have to cover my legs at school by not wearing shorts in order to not "distract the male students," but the "male students" haven't been taught to respect a woman's body and not let it "distract them from their studies."
4. I have to accept the fact that, when I get a job, I will get paid 30 cents less per dollar than every man I work with who does the same job I do.
5. If I get married and have a standard wedding, my father will walk me down the aisle and hand me off to my husband or wife like I am property switching owners.
6. I am taught to not share my opinions and ideas, as it's not "ladylike."
7. My friends and I are catcalled on the street, and we're just supposed to accept that and walk away.
8. I receive rape and death threats from people reading my blog, just because I'm speaking out against the patriarchy. I've also been called a "satan-worshipping lesbian dyke whore."
9. I'm described as a "feminazi." People literally compare the idea of feminism to the Holocaust.
10. Feminism creates a community of powerful women and men who share the same ideals. It's so great to have a space like that where we can share ideas and thoughts that are accepted by everyone, and we can have interesting discussions.
I tag everyone who read this post! Share on social media why you need feminism and tag me!