To make it easier to figure out what you can do to help out, I have compiled a list of actions everyone from everywhere can take. These are especially important for people who felt helpless during the election due to their inability to vote -- people like me. I felt unable to help; I could tweet and protest and rally, but ultimately, I couldn't make a tangible impact with a ballot. However, there are so many things everyone can do now and I have listed them below.
Where to Donate
Environmental Defense Fund - works to solve big environmental problems in the United States and internationally. Donate to help protect the environment.
New York Times - national newspaper dedicated to providing readers all around the country the news from all around the world. Buy a subscription to support the truth.
NRDC - works to "safeguard the earth." They are a group of environmental lawyers working to protect our planet's air, land, and water. Donate to combat climate change.
NPR - reporters all around the country and the world dedicated to bringing real news to people everywhere, for free. Donate to support your local member station.
Planned Parenthood - provides affordable healthcare - mostly preventative - to millions of women across the country. Donate to make sure they remain funded in spite of the current political climate.
Who to Contact & What to Say
"Hi. I am a constituent in an area with the zipcode _____. I would like to be connected with the office of my member of Congress. Thank you!"
- Emoluments Clause -- "I am calling in regard to the lawsuit filed against President Trump in response to his violation of the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. He has refused to give up ownership of his real estate and other businesses, which is in clear violation of the clause that states that government officials are prohibited from accepting gifts - monetary or otherwise - from foreign governments. President Trump has delegated ownership of his businesses to his sons, so if a foreign leader wishes to bribe Trump by giving money to his family, all they have to do is book a room in one of his hotels. I am asking you to investigate these claims, as, if true, this behavior is in clear violation of the Constitution of the United States. Thank you."
- EPA Budget Cuts -- "I am calling about President Trump's proposed budget cuts to the Environmental Protection Agency, which he is planning to slash by 31% in order to increase military spending. This budget cut will result in the loss of thousands of jobs, which is an issue regardless of one's beliefs about climate change. I am asking you to publicly oppose and fight against these proposed budget cuts. Thank you.
- Planned Parenthood -- "I am calling about the ACA repeal legislation that includes wording regarding the defunding of Planned Parenthood, an organization that provides necessary legal, affordable access to safe abortions, contraceptives, and general healthcare. Millions of women around the country rely on this organization for their care, and if it is defunded, they will have fewer options for access to essential medical care. I am asking you to defend[/CONTINUE TO DEFEND IF ALREADY SUPPORTIVE] women's access to these medical necessities. I expect Congress to protect women's healthcare in continuing to support government funding to Planned Parenthood. Thank you."
- Release of Tax Returns -- "I am calling in response to the plan introduced by two lawmakers in Sacramento, California, that will require President Trump to release his tax returns in order to have a place on the ballot in 2020. Voters are entitled to full transparency in regards to a future leader's economic dealings and I believe that this plan transcends any and all partisan lines. I am asking you to consider following California and New York's lead in implementing this rule in order to prioritize the disclosure of pertinent information to voters. Thank you."
- SCOTUS Nomination of Neil Gorsuch [DEMOCRAT] -- "I am calling about President Trump's nomination of Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Antonin Scalia. Senate Republicans blocked the nominee of President Obama, Merrick Garland, for over a year by refusing to meet with him or hold meetings to consider his nomination. I am asking you to use the filibuster to block Gorsuch and all of Trump's picks in response to the behavior of the Senate Republicans. Thank you. »
- SCOTUS Nomination of Neil Gorsuch [REPUBLICAN] -- "I am calling about President Trump's nomination of Neil Gorsuch for the Supreme Court seat left vacant by the death of Antonin Scalia. I am very concerned about his radical views on gun rights, reproductive rights, and protecting the environment, and I, like many of my fellow constituents, do not support his far-right agenda. Thank you."
- Ties to Russia -- "I am calling regarding recent news about the extent of Russia's interference in the 2016 election and Trump's transition to the Presidency. Numerous reports have been released detailing relations between the Russian government and Trump's transition team and current and pending cabinet members. I am asking you to publicly and legislatively support the establishment of a bipartisan, independent commission - led by a special prosecutor - to systematically inquire after this matter. Thank you."
- Xenophobic EOs -- "I am calling in response to Trump's new Executive Order regarding immigration, especially that of people labelled 'terrorists' from Muslim countries - except those in which he has business interests. I am asking you to publicly oppose this Executive Order and President Trump's entire radical xenophobic and islamophobic agenda. Thank you."
What to Sign
Don't Eliminate the National Endowment for the Arts -- ensure that the arts remain funded, as they are an essential part of our society.
Impeach Donald J. Trump: The Million American Petition -- demand that Trump be impeached for multiple crimes including conspiring with Russia, using hate speech, and promoting cyber-bullying.
Tell Trump: Apologize to Obama for Wiretap Lie -- demand that Trump retract his statement and say "sorry" to Obama for the egregious lie.
Tell State Legislatures: It's Time to Get Rid of the Electoral College -- ask to dismantle the archaic, unfair system and promote the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.
Twitter: Ban Donald Trump -- stop Trump from using the social media platform for spewing hate and untruths.
We Want to See Trump's Tax Returns -- demand that Donald Trump release his tax returns to prove that his ties to Russian government officials are "fake news."
Where to go
March and Rally Los Angeles -- source for anti-Trump events in Los Angeles.
Resistance Calendar -- resource for finding events in your area to protest injustices and combat the Trump regime.
Seattle Activist Solidarity -- page of activist events in the Seattle area.
Take Action NYC -- calendar of anti-Trump events in the New York area.
MISCELLANEOUS THINGS TO DO
Boycott businesses that sell Trump merchandise -- show Trump that his business isn't wanted here, or anywhere.
Attend your local elected officials' town halls -- debate with them on important issues and see where they stand; you can make change with dialogue.
Like this page on Facebook -- try to get this page featuring a horse's ass to have more likes than Trump's page.
Download this Chrome extension -- it replaces all photos of Donald Trump with photos of adorable kittens. I have it and it's wonderful.